Standard Eurobarometer 86.2
- Coverage, spatial and temporal resolution
- Data quality
- Contact person
- Data citation and License
RESTRICTED: This link to the data set is only available for a restricted user group. The data set is only accessible in CEN/MPI net or accessible from external nets with a customer account. Please contact ICDC if you would like to access this data from outside the network.
- Data access via file system: /data/icdc/society/eurobarometer/DATA
The survey data set Standard Eurobarometer was launched in 1974. Each survey consists of approximately 1000 interviews per country (see list of countries below). The results are published twice a year, but we only offer the standard Eurobarometer 86 from November 2016. It contains standard trend questions on
- living conditions, important political issues, trust in institutions, democracy satisfaction, perception of and attitudes towards the European Union and European Unification, European Union knowledge
- the Europe 2020 strategy (policy priorities)
- impact of the economic crisis on the job market, policy measures against the financial and economic crisis
- European Citizenship, citizen rights and identification
- media use (press, radio, television, internet, online social media)
- political information on national and european matters
- political participation and general political attitudes
This data set was downloaded in SPSS and STATA format. It was converted by ICDC to ASCII (by means of the Python library savReaderWriter, CliSAP users can get the code readSPSSfile.py from the SCRIPTS directory) to simplify the usage without proprietary software.
Last update of data set at ICDC: June 15,2017
32896 cases of 730 variables from the topics mentioned under Description.
Period and temporal resolution:
- Nov 2016
Coverage and spatial resolution:
- Albania (AL); Austria (AT); Belgium (BE); Bulgaria (BG); Cyprus (CY); Czech Republic (CZ); Germany (DE); Denmark (DK); Estonia (EE); Spain (ES); Finland (FI); France (FR); Great Britain (GB-GBN); Northern Ireland (GB-NIR); Greece (GR); Croatia (HR); Hungary (HU); Ireland (IE); Italy (IT); Lithuania (LT); Luxembourg (LU); Latvia (LV); Montenegro (ME); Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of (MK); Malta (MT); Netherlands (NL); Poland (PL); Portugal (PT); Romania (RO); Serbia (RS); Sweden (SE); Slovenia (SI); Slovakia (SK); Turkey (TR)
No quality information available.
European Commission, Brussels; Directorate General Communication COMM.A.1 ´Strategic Communication´
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences (archive release data set and DDI documentation), http://www.gesis.org/
ICDC / CEN / University of Hamburg
- European Commission: Standard Eurobarometer 86. Public Opinion in the European Union. Survey requested by the European Commission, requested and co-ordinated by Directorate-General for Communication (DG COMM Unit ´Strategic Communication´). doi:10.2775/196906 [ http://ec.europa.eu/COMMFrontOffice/publicopinion/index.cfm/Survey/getSurveyDetail/instruments/STANDARD/surveyKy/2137 ]
- Data at GESIS, https://dbk.gesis.org/dbksearch/
- Download questionnaire at GESiS, https://dbk.gesis.org/dbksearch/download.asp?db=E&id=61905
- Information on weighting at GESIS, https://dbk.gesis.org/dbksearch/download.asp?db=E&id=61950
- Information on the dataset from GESIS, https://dbk.gesis.org/dbksearch/sdesc2.asp?no=6788&db=e&doi=10.4232/1.12801
- Europian Commission website, http://ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/index.cfm/Survey/index#p=1&instruments=STANDARD
Please cite the data as follows:
European Commission, Brussels (2017): Eurobarometer 86.2 (2016). TNS opinion, Brussels [producer]. GESIS Data Archive, Cologne. ZA6788 Data file Version 1.2.0, doi:10.4232/1.12801, https://doi.org/10.4232/1.12646
and with the following acknowledgments:
Thanks to ICDC, CEN, University of Hamburg for data support.
Please see GESIS website for License information.